We Encourage our members to find every way to impact their neighborhood and community and we want to support and encourage those individual efforts. We also have some wonderful partnerships that folks from the Resurrection community can jump in and help.
This amazing organization covers an area larger than Austin to support those in need, and Resurrection has partnered with NAM almost from its startup in the 1980's. The following areas are places to help and support:
- Resale shop- This store raises money to support the rest of the ministry through donations of clothing, housewares, furniture, etc. Those in need may be given vouchers to shop for items as well.
- Family Violence Center- Provides help and aid to the victims of family violence.
- Children's Medical Clinic- Free and low cost medical care.
- Fifty Plus Senior Center- Recreation, education, and help for our seniors.
- Meals on Wheels- Meals prepared and delivered to the homebound.
- Interfaith Hospitality Network- see below
- Assistance/ Emergency Basic Needs- A place to connect for food and other assistance to those that are in dire need.
If you need assistance, please contact Northwest Assistance Ministries at 281-885-4555 or go to namonline.org
IHN is another collaboration of local faith communities working together. Although under the NAM umbrella, it is a program that Resurrection serves two months of the year to help settle families into their new home/ apartment. The goal is to get families into a job and a home as quick as possible. We gather basic supplies, furniture, and housewares necessary to daily living.
If you need assistance in this ministry, please contact NAM at 281-885-4567.
This organization provides confidential assistance to men and women who are dealing with unplanned pregnancy to help provide alternatives other than abortion. We support PACN financially and with volunteers.
To contact PACN, please call Spring / Woodlands : 281-367-1518 | Conroe : 936-441-6442 or go to our website www.pacn.org.
We collect used wheelchairs from hospitals, nursing homes, garage sales, and individuals. We collect hundreds of chairs a year and give them to organizations like Hope Haven, Joni and Friends, and World Access Project. These wheelchairs have been rejuvenated and taken throughout the world for the handicapped poor (including our own teams).
In addition, Resurrection has a member who started Homeless Wheelchairs Inc. He rejuvenates regular and electric wheelchairs and provides them for individuals in North Harris and Montgomery counties.
If you have a wheelchair (electric or non-electric), canes, walker or other assisted device please call the Church Office at 281-353-4413 to arrange for pick up or drop off.